Sunday, March 30, 2008

When anxiety attacks

Do you want to know what's the craziest and scariest thing I'm going through right now? (Of course you do, or else you wouldn't be reading my blog.) I've been waking up in the middle of the night with a shortness of breath, my heart pounding, my chest feeling like it's on fire, shaking, stomach pains, and hot & cold flashes. The first two times this happened, I asked some people (not doctors) what it could be and they said it could be heart burn. But, after the third time, I realized it only happened when I went to bed thinking about the stressful things that are going on in my life. This morning was the fourth time it's happened to me. I took a Vicadin to make the pain go away, but just as it started to subside, I started to think about all the crap that's being thrown at us and it started back up again. Sean and I prayed to make the pain go away, and in a few minutes it did. But it was really scary. Once we get on some insurance, again, I'm going to have to talk to my doctor (the regular one, not ob/gyn) about it.
Things are getting a little more hopeful around out tiny apartment. Sean starts training for his new job tomorrow. :) So excited. While, at the moment, it's not a pay increase-it means that we're taking a step in the right direction. Also, it means that Sean will be working 40 hours a week (instead of only 32), which will help. Then, shortly after the resturant opens, Sean will be the general manager-which means a big pay increase! :) And what does all this mean for me? Oh, just that I'll be home alone for 12 hours a day (instead of 6-7), while he's in training. But, maybe my anxiety will stop attacking me at 4 o'clock in the morning while poor Sean is trying to sleep.
Sean's oldest sister surprized us this past week by sending us a baby stroller. It's one of those cool ones that the kid can grow into (you know, the car seat will fit in it until they're able to sit in the actual stroller part). She wasn't sure what color to pick for us (since we don't know what we're having), but she did great. It's black and tan. :) That should work for a boy or a girl. I'm particularly happy because black is my favorite color.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, I hope you feel better and get it figured out. Try to do whatever you can to be in the least stressful environment.

That's awesome about the stroller. How exciting!