Saturday, June 21, 2008

I'm married to an old man

It was Sean's 26th birthday yesterday. He says he's getting old. I wonder if I should start calling him "my old man." Still doesn't look older than 22, if you ask me.
I went to my friend Anna's baby shower today. There was, like, 40 ladies there-all talking at the same time. You could barely hear Anna say who her presents were from. But, she got a lot of cute stuff. Baby Jeremy is coming into the world in style.
I'm craving Starbursts like it's nobody's business right now. If it wasn't 110 degrees outside, I'd walk my pregnant self down to Ralph's and buy myself some. But, it's too hot and I don't want to leave my air conditioned house or the fan blowing on me.
The Steamroller (Cali) has taken up dancing lessons. Her favorite time to start practicing the can-can is at 5:30 AM and she won't stop practicing until I eat something. It seems that every 3 hours is practicing time until I get something to eat. One of these days I'll be able to sleep through the night again, but it's not going to be for a LONG time.
The poll has concluded that 10/11 blog readers like the name Cali. That's better than the commercials for 9/10 dentists agreeing that a certain type of gum is good for you. Just thought that was interesting, not that it has any effect on anything. Useless information.
Only 10 1/2 weeks to go!

5 comments:

Bowman's Beach said...

those 10 1/2 weeks fly by! enjoy them! its a plaidish, tanish, i'll just have to take a photo of it soon.....

Anonymous said...

Wow, when you say 10 and 1/2 weeks it makes it sound so soon! I mean, it is pretty soon, (but to you it will feel like forever... sorry, but if you're anything like me then the last two weeks are the worst patience-wise).

Anonymous said...

hey! i know that the backround on our blog is hard to see... but i figure nobody reads it anyways, so i really don't care that much. that and mom likes it. and she is the "adult" so what her and dad say is law. that and it kinda describes our family. :D we're obsessed!!!

Watson Family said...

Hey... I just have to say that it is true the last few weeks suck really bad. Not only are you constantly getting kicked by your baby, but the walking gets harder, you will be going to the bathroom even more frequently then you are now, you will start having "Practice contractions" (Braxton Hicks) all these things on top of your anticipation make these last weeks the hardest. I know that sleep seems really far off but their are a few good books you can read to help you teach your little one how to sleep: Baby Wise & Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child. I read both of these and was able to get James to sleep through the night by 5 1/2 months. Several of my friends and some of my family have done baby wise and have gotten their children to sleep through the night as early as 3 & 4 months.
Anyhow good luck with this last stretch, and remember that labor and delivery is different for each person so go into it with an open mind. (Take Care!)

Sarah said...

sounds like your not having those other early prego problems anymore. thats good. i hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!