Friday, June 27, 2008

I've got Toni Braxton...or is it Earl Hickie?

Either way, I'm getting Braxton Hicks contractions nearly every 15 minutes. I went to my high-risk pregnancy doctor on Thursday and he made me promise that if I get them more often than 6 times in an hour that I'll go to the hospital. I personally don't think it's false labor (wouldn't it hurt more?), but he would know better than I would.
Well, you know how I said I'd put pictures up of the baby the next time I got them? Well, if possible, this is the worst ultrasound I've gotten of The Steamroller yet. She wouldn't put her hands down from in front of her face. The doctor kept poking her with the ultrasound wand, but she would only kick me, and leave her hands in front of her face. So he finally managed to get this little beauty shot for us:

Creepy, I know. She looks like an alien with no chin. But, what can you do? She doesn't stop moving. That's probably going to continue once she's out of the womb.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

yeah, that'a a really scary picture! im not going to lie. but it's okay! i still love it!! im hoping that we get to hang out soon. :D love you and sean... and you need to put MY blog on your list. :D

Watson Family said...

You baby sounds very much like my baby... I never got a good picture of his face because he always covered his face; He was also very wiggly, and no surprise he hasn't ever stopped.

I had preterm labor from 20 weeks on and even though I had contractions that I felt were strong that happened ever 2-5 minutes it didn't ever compare to the amount of pain I had the day he was born. I went to the hospital every time my contractions were to close together and they would give me a shot to stop the labor. The day James was born my contractions were the same amount of time apart as times before but I could hardly walk or talk because it was so painful. A lot of people told me that contractions felt like bad period cramps (They were very wrong) Maybe they felt like bad period cramps times a million. Anyhow, listen to your doctor and go but trust me you will know when it is the real thing.

Good luck, hang in there it only gets more fun from here.