Wednesday, August 20, 2008

False Alarm

On Sunday morning, I started experiencing false labor contractions. They were unlike any Braxton-Hicks I'd ever felt before. It scared the crap out of me (not literally) for a good 2 hours. I just kept praying the whole time that, if she was supposed to come 2 1/2 weeks early, that'd she'd be okay. But, the painful contractions stopped and we ended up getting some sleep that night.
But, the scare did turn me on to all the things that still needed to be done before Cali comes, so I finished her bedding. Here are some pictures Sean took of it:

As you can see, I took a Roxy Duvet cover and turned it into the comforter and bumper.

Here's the "Cali Corner" with our crib (it's light blue). The tulle is supposed to give the appearance of seperating her corner from the kitchen that you can see in the background.
The colors Sean and I picked for Cali are green and blue, and the fabric for the crib is a kind of "boardshort" material. We're trying to make sure she's a "California Surfer Girl". If she had her own room, my surfboard would be in there for decoration. :)
P.S. If you're interested in seeing the "before" fabric, you can go here: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=109486&RN=766


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, I like it! You're so great with the sewing stuff Amy!

I had a little incident of false alarm too, but it was just one week later that the contractions were the real thing..... watch out!

Jenn said...

i think it's really cute. i love it! now you only have to wait... :)

esther said...

So cute. Good job. But I think it needs to be pink. I love your dare I call it this, "Hooter Hider", unless Cali is dressed in pink I fear you might get many people thinking she is a boy, because of the blue. But it is cute. Good job.