
They say that they want to hang it up at the store. I think it's pretty funny.
Now, with the formalities out of the way, I'm going to vent. For those of you who aren't interested, you can just stop reading...
The year I was told to wait by my doctor is up. My biological alarm clock is ringing. I want to have another baby. My heart yearns to be pregnant. I want Cali to have a sibling that's close in age. But, I'm scared. I'm scared that I won't be able to take care of Cali while I'm sick and puking my guts out. I'm scared that the financial toll will be too much for us. I'm worried because Cali is still nursing and doesn't sleep through the night yet (meaning, without nursing at least once in the middle of the night). I'm nervous because I think I might be a bad mother to Cali while I'm sick for those first several months.
But, thankfully, my head is overriding my heart right now. We still have no health insurance. We're waiting until this whole health care plan figures itself out before we start investing in anything. I think that the government should have a program through private insurance companies where it pays part (for people who qualify) and then you pay part. Not this whole "all or nothing" thing. Unfortunately, we're on the "nothing" end because California has run out of money, so we can't even get government assistance. Also, now that I have 2 pre-existing conditions, I don't know what health insurance would actually take me.
So, I remain unpregnant, uninsured, and unrested.
5 comments:
So I just started reading your blogs. You are too funny. I love everything you wrote.
I am writing a comment, so please feel loved.
Did you ever see Julia & Julia? She felt the same way you did about her blogs. She didn't think anyone read her stuff and she thought her stuff was boring. Now look at her....it got her a book and movie deal. So keep writing sister...I love you!
I have realized we have A LOT to catch up on....A LOT!!!!
This is Nikki by the way...they use Nicholette because that's what I signed up on gmail with...apparently I can't just make my name Nikki :)
i love u amy and will call to catch up!!!!
Hey there I too read your blog every time you post something new I just wanted to reassure you that know matter what you do everything will work out. When I got pregnant with my daughter, James was only 9 months old (Not planned) I had no insurance. I cried for about two weeks while trying to figure out how we were going to afford having this baby. Even though Ryan and I made to much money to qualify for any form of state help they still had to cover my pregnancy because I was already pregnant and could not get insurance from anyone. Lucky for me they did cover the whole thing, but I do know that they have programs for partial coverage. If you get denied the first time get a new case worker and try again. They might do the same for you. As far as the getting sick and worrying about neglecting your daughter, try not to think about it that way. In the third trimmest of my pregnancy with Emily I got put on bed rest. James was about Cali’s age. I felt absolutely horrible when I had to turn him over to some ward members for care during the day, because I was unable to take care of him myself. He actually really loved it, and I feel now that it was a good thing. He made new friends, got a little more independent, and he never held it against me. He was unaffected by it long term and now look he has a beautiful baby sister that he loves to pick on very much.
It will all work out! It is a commandment to multiply and replenish the earth, heavenly father will help you through.
Wow, I totally lied in that last post. James was a whole year older then Cali when I got put on bed rest. So definitely she won’t remember if you got pregnant right now and had to have help taking care of her. As far as the nursing goes in the middle of the night… It is all a matter of your parenting choices but as far as her actual needs go; she does not need to eat in the middle of the night. By now she is not waking up because she is hungry, she is waking up out of habit. She is also wanting to eat because she probably has not learned how to sooth herself back to sleep. If you want her to sleep through the night you have to help her learn to sooth herself. I know that all the different methods to getting your child to sleep through the night are totally controversial, but the fasted and easies way is to let her cry for a few nights until she learns. I know it sounds mean, I had a really hard time with it; but it worked. He is not affected by the crying, nor did he wake up and feel like I had abandoned him in the middle of the night. It took about three nights of crying for about 20-30min before he started sleeping through the night. It really works and it will truly benefit both of you. Good luck!
Post a Comment