Saturday, January 16, 2010

The (seemingly) Impossible Dream

In honor of MLK day on Monday, I thought I'd share a dream with you.
I have a dream of Cali going to bed without a fight one day. Without nursing. Without screaming.
I have a dream that one day, I'll be able to say, "It's time for bed, Cali." That she'll then go and grab a book and crawl into bed and wait for me. That we'll read a book to her and then we'll turn off the lights and she'll close her eyes. Then we'll say prayers, give kisses, and leave her for the night and she'll be asleep within 5 minutes. And it will be 8:30 at night and we won't see her again until 8 o'clock in the morning.
Dare to dream, huh?

4 comments:

Patty Gonzalez/Henning said...

It will happen one day Amy. You may not think so now but trust me it will be possible for her to go to bed and sleep all night. I have been there and I am going through it again with my new lil one.

S.Shepherd said...

It'll happen one day! I have your same dream with my second kid. But she is still a little young.

esther said...

That dream just came true for us. I've been having to lay next to Lilly each night until she falls asleep, because it was easier then listening to her scream. But when Matt came along we told her she had to be a big girl and go to bed with out mommy and that we would leave the door open. You can see our bed from her bed the doors are directly across from each other, so that helped and the face that we go to bed at the same time now that sleep is so needed in our house. So don't worry it will happen some day, be patient.

AmberRose said...

one day love, hopefully soon!