Saturdays are the most boring days of the whole week for me. Sean has been closing on saturdays and so Cali and I spend the day trying to come up with things to do to pass the time. Thankfully she's gotten down to only one nap and it's usually for three hours-and I like to nap while she is-so that takes up a large chunk of time. But when it's raining I get major cabin fever and wish I could be somewhere else doing something else. I usually try to bake something when it's raining but my oven is weird and I can't seem to get anything to come out just right with it. I blame the fact that the tenants before us didn't clean the oven so there's all their burnt on food at the bottom. We've tried to clean it off but we can't seem to get it. So every time we turn on the oven the kitchen smells like something's burning and the fire alarm goes off before we even put anything in it! Oh well, I'm not expecting us to live here longer than a year anyway. Gotta fine some place bigger so Cali can get her own room. Not that we're not making it work with only one room and a mattress on the floor for Cali. I just think that she'll maybe be able to sleep through the night when she's in her own room. I know I'd sleep better!
That's all for now I guess.
1 comment:
I have the same problem when Chris is on call at the Hospital for a 24 hour shift. It is hard to entertain toddlers by your self. They have a short attention span so you have to find lots of activities. Good luck with the oven and baking. I like baking but then I'm the one who eats the goodies, so I don't bake that often.
Post a Comment