Monday, April 19, 2010

Here it goes again...

 
Cali got her days and nights all mixed up. I think it's from Easter-she played real hard all day without taking a nap. When we got in the car, she passed out and then slept all night and a lot of the next day. Ever since then, it's been impossible to get her to sleep at night. 3 am, 5 am, 7 am...for bedtimes! So, we decided to make Sunday a "wear Cali out so she'll sleep at night" day. She went to bed at 5 am, and we woke her up at 8 am. She took a nap from 11 to noon (on the couch, see photo) then we went on a ride to Ventura (slept the hour ride there, so a 2 hour nap) and had her run around at the beach and the Channel Islands museum. Then we went to Grandma and Grandpa's and played. Then we went home, got some dinner, and played some more. Finally, around 10 pm, she crashed, so we all went to bed...until she woke up at 1 am.
Here we go again...
 

3 comments:

S.Shepherd said...

I hope that something will work out for you. I just couldn't imagine. The only time that my kids wake up in the early mornings is if they are sick and can't breath.

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

I will be thinking of you at 3, 5, and 7 am... hehe... I am sorry you get to live nocturnally for the next little bit.. hehe..

Sarah said...

10 seems late for a girl who had hardly any sleep. I read that u need to put them to bed early if u want them to be well rested and get up in the morning. I also find that if you wait for your child to "crash" this is way past the point of the natural time for them to be asleep. I know u probably don't want my advise, I mean... I'm not there!
I'm just sad for you and hope to help. I have had major problems with lily. And I've kept her on a strict routine and sometimes I put her to bed at 5:30. (this is rare) but if she is cranky all day and woke up at 5 am thy day... Then the best thing for me was to watch her and see when she was at the point of going to bed. And yes she fought and cried and hit me.. But in a half hour she was asleep and she slept until 7 the next day.
I've noticed when I wait for her to fall asleep on her own out of exhaustion... She wakes up two-three times and is up at 5 am

jut a thought. Hang in there