Friday, November 19, 2010

Only Child

I've been asked several times, by people I don't even know, why I'm not pregnant yet. Well, after a long time of research and a year of trying, I think I can finally announce publically that I think I have a thyroid problem. Why am I not sure? Because my doctor said that the test as $200 and I'd have to have them done every month for 6 months, and that's not including the prescription I'd need. So, since I don't have the $1200 necessary to find out for sure, I'm going to say I think that's what it is.
It's not for lack of trying and it's not that we're waiting for anything, it's just not our time right now for another one. :(

5 comments:

Nickell said...

Sorry but your doctor is retarded. You only have to test your thyroid once to see if you have a problem.

Sarah said...

ummmm... I was thinking the same thing as Nickell. as someone who also has thyroid problems ... I can tell u that they wil lcheck your thyroid once. then give u a prescription and then three months later... check u one other time to make sure it's the proper dosage. and it's not just the problem of getting pregnant... thyroid helps your whole entire body function properly. so not getting it fixed is a bigger problem than just ovulating

esther said...

Why are people you don't know asking about something personal like that? I hope you get it figured out. Call me sometime. I don't have a new number for you.

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

Hey Amy,
Sorry to hear about what you are experiencing.. I'm going to hope it's just not the right time and that your doors aren't closed completely. :) That's so hard and frustrating to go through..

S.Shepherd said...

Find a new doctor. When I had my high risk pregnancy I was sent to a High Risk Doctor. I had to see a regular Facey Doctor for one visit late in my pregnancy and he told me to stop taking the prescription that I was put on by my other Doctor because it isn't safe. Some Doctors just know that much about Medicine.