This past week, Cali has been telling me that she is afraid of the alligator that lives in our kitchen. For a few days, I didn't know how we were supposed to take care of an invisible alligator that would scare her out of the kitchen and leave her shaking in my arms.
Then I had an idea one day when I was sweeping the kitchen.
Cali and I would use our brooms to "herd" the alligators out the back door. Soon this turned into "hitting the alligators" to make them go away. But, it makes her feel like she has some control over the invisible alligators that have infested our kitchen. The only thing I had to convince her of was that alligators can't climb on the counters, so she didn't need to put her broom up there.
As I was sitting down to type this post, yesterday, Cali came up to me and told me that she put a button up her nose. The button was off of Sean's work pants that I hadn't sewn back on yet.
I tried to get it out, but it was too far up. Thankfully, my parents' neighbor had come down to work on the garage here and was willing to take me to the hospital. 2 hours later, we had the button out. The doctor couldn't believe that she had stuck a button that big up her nose.
(I took this picture after, to show how big it is). It took me and two other nurses to hold her down so the doctor could get the button out. She screamed the whole time. Afterwards, a nurse gave her some juice to calm down, and my dad was able to come get me and bring me back home.
Now, when Cali tries to put something in her nose, I'll be able to threaten her with going to the doctor's to get it out. That should be enough to deter her from trying it again. :)

1 comment:
Wow! Great job Cali. Hopefully your threat of the Doctor will work. Matthew sticks his finger in any whole he can find. We were at a Basketball game and I had to keep him from sticking his finger in the older gentlemen's ear who was sitting in front of us (just below us, so the guys ear whole was at just the right hight).
Post a Comment