Saturday, October 1, 2011

Another 3 days in the hospital

I totally over did it on Tuesday. The drive to and from my doctor's is usually enough to make me have a bad few days. This time we stopped in Reseda to buy a dishwasher for $25. Apparently that was too much for me. I had another gallbladder attack and ended up in the hospital.
So the GI specialist said it's time for the gallbladder to come out and Dr. Navi (OB with Cali) came by and said gallbladder needs to come out. But the surgeon said no. He said that unless it's a life threatening emergency, they're not willing to operate on pregnant ladies. I was crushed.
Dr. Navi and the GI specialist both suggested that I go to the UCLA ER when I have my next gallbladder attack because they might be willing to take it out. Now I just get to lay in bed and wait.
I've been in kind of a dark mindset lately. I think it's because I don't feel pregnant. I just feel sick and in pain. With Dr. Navi, I went in to see him every other week and got an ultrasound every time. This time, I've gotten one ultrasound at almost 6 week and nothing since. This doctor doesn't even have an ultrasound machine in his office! I think I just need to see the baby to remember that it's worth going through all this crap. But this is definitely the last time.

2 comments:

S.Shepherd said...

So they don't consider you a High risk pregnancy this time. That sucks! I hope things go better once you get that Gallbladder out.

esther said...

Oh Amy. I'm so sorry babe. When you hold that little baby they will be all that much more precious for your hard 9 months! Hang in there.