Sean's second semester is coming to an end. It's time for finals again.
And, again, we are experiencing the joys of teething.
Like her older sister, Rose gets the extreme symptoms of teething: high fever, lots of screaming and crying, wants to be held constantly, refusing to eat (prefers nursing), continually fussy. But, also like her sister, her gums are very swollen and bleeding continuously. Poor baby. As much as it sucks for me, I think back to when my teeth were broken months ago and how miserable I was. So I can't really blame her for acting how she is. Also, since she's my last, I find I have more patience in dealing with it this time around.
As a result of finals week coming up and Rose teething, but house has fallen into disaster mode. Cali's toys are strewn all over the house, dishes and laundry are piling up, surfaces where Rose can reach are sticky (because she loves chewing on otter pops, feels good on her teeth). My goal most days is to keep Rose from crying non-stop. I can't handle it when my kids cry. At least, not when they genuinely are crying. Sometimes Cali cries because I won't let her eat ice cream for dinner. I don't feel too bad about that. However, when Rose starts screaming because I put her down (heaven forbid I go to the bathroom), that rattles my nerves. It might be for a few seconds, but she drops to the floor and screams like there is no tomorrow. And it makes me unable to think or focus on anything but her. Poor Cali has had to hear "Cali, I can't pay attention to you when Rose is crying like this" more often lately. I feel bad for her, but Sean has really been trying to help give Cali the attention she needs while Rose is like this.
Unfortunately, while my house is a mess, we're having the sure signs of the weather warming up- all the bugs and animals are starting to come around. Cali's had ants in her room, there are spiders in the front room, and the stupid ground squirrels are tunneling everywhere.
Not to mention all the sewing projects I have to get done this week: a police outfit for a build-a-bear, a baby blanket, and a hat that I haven't finished. Crocheting and knitting are so much easier to do with Rose acting the way she is because they are portal and don't require a whole lot of concentration. Sewing, unfortunately, requires me to sit in one place and focus on the task at hand. Which isn't happening lately.
On top of that, my parents are finally coming out to visit us next week and I feel completely overwhelmed and unprepared for it. I love my family, but I am embarrassed of the state my house is in for them to be staying with us for a week. I'm hoping Rose will start feeling a little better so I can put her down and get some things done and clean.
So here I am, at 2 AM on a Sunday morning, stressing out and not sleeping. Which is going to be super helpful when I have to get out of bed at 7:30 to get everyone ready to leave for church at 8:30. I haven't given much thought to my lesson either. But that's a different story for another day.
Here's hoping I get my act together asap!
2 comments:
Never say never on Rose being your last kid. I did all that I could to not get pregnant with out going under the knife and it happened. God has a funny way of making things happen. I found out I was pregnant at 4months along. Nothing like finding out half way through a pregnancy.
Don't worry to much about the state of your house. Your parents would be so happy to help you when they get into town. Everything will work out in the end.
Just handle one thing at a time. Those two little girls and your husband are more important than a clean house. Hang in there.
Post a Comment