Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Project stress and blown ear drums

I've been really stressed out lately. It's 2 weeks to Christmas and I seem to have projects coming out of my ears that need to be done before then. And the opportunities to do more projects just keep coming. I have a hard time saying no to people, especially when it's my friends and family that are asking.
What mostly makes it hard is Rose. Rose has been super fussy this past week, especially Saturday to Monday. I posted on Facebook how much I hate teething and I kept hearing from people that she might have an ear infection. So when I looked in her ear and saw this weird stuff coming out of it, I rushed Rose to the ER. Turns out that she had an ear infection that was behind her ear drum and it got so full of puss that it burst the ear drum. The good thing about that is the pressure was alleviated and Rose finally stopped screaming for the first time in three day.

Inside her ear, right before taking her to the ER
 
But that's where the good news ends. The antibiotics give Rose diarrhea and she still is fussy and wants me to hold her all the time.
Unfortunately, all the projects I have to do are sewing projects. Sitting at a sewing machine with a toddler on your lap does not work. I'm barely managing to type with her on my lap.
The good new is that we're almost done Christmas shopping for Cali. I need to get these projects done so we can get Rose's presents- but she should be pretty easy (and cheap).


1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh poor little Rose... I'm sorry it's been such a struggle for you, and overwhelming. Josh is feeling sick today and probably will take tomorrow as a sick day too, but if he's back to work on Friday and the stomach bug is no longer found in our home I'd be happy to watch Rose for you in the morning so you can get some work done, you could drop her off any time after 9 or so. I'll check in with you tomorrow to see how things are going here and there. :)