Wednesday, January 9, 2008

First Post

Ok, much to my amazement, I'm giving into peer pressure and making a blog for Sean and I. Not that our lives are all that interesting, but I guess it's easier than telling the same stories on the phone over and over again.
For those of you that don't know, I'm pregnant.
Sean and I went to the Dr. Navi's on Monday and saw our little baby. It was quite and experience-I've never had an ultrasound like that. They get an instrument shaped like...I guess a candlestick is the cleanest way to discribe it-put a condom on it, and squirt some cold gel lubrication on the top. Then Dr. Navi's like, "Well, let's have a look and see" and without warning me, shoves the thing inside me. That when we saw it, our little blob. It didn't look like much, but it's ours. I told the doctor, "As long as it doesn't turn into two little blobs, I'm going to be okay." He laughed, but I was kinda serious. So apparently, we're 6 weeks along. I don't really understand the math of the whole thing, they start the date on the first day of your last period, so you're not even pregnate. So, realistically, I should be only 4 weeks along. But, the doctor says 6 and I like the sound of it better anyway. It makes the next 34 weeks seem so much closer. Or something.
So now I have an explination for my constant stomach upset/nausea. I force myself to eat breakfast in the morning and then spend the rest of the day regretting it. The idea of eatting anything makes me want to toss my cookies, but I haven't yet. Luckily.
When I we found out we were due at the beginning of September, I joked to Sean that maybe we'd have the baby a few days early and have it on Labor day. He thought I was weird, but I thought it was pretty clever. Oh well. I'm never really funny when I try to be.
Well, I think you all have had enough of this for one day.

No comments: