Saturday, January 19, 2008

Are we having fun yet?

This past week has been the most fun of the pregnancy. Did I say fun? I'm sorry, I just can't come up with another word for it. Let's see if I can start to explain how much fun we're having right now.
On Thursday, the 10th, I started not being able to keep anything down. I called our doctor on Monday and he sent a prescription for me to help deal with the nausea. That's about when I realized it wasn't only the nausea that was causing me not to be able to eat. I've also been having a constant stomach pain. On a scale from 1-10, I'm about at a constant 7. To try to describe it, it's like my stomach is a wet towel that is being wrung dry. Then, about every 15 minutes or so, someone drives a nail through it (that's when it goes up to an 8). That's what I'm going through right now.
Oh, so on Wednesday, the doctor sends me to the ER because I'm super dehydrated and stuff like that. I kept telling them about my stomach pains, but they seemed more concerned with the nausea-although I hadn't puked in about 3 hours. So they gave me a shot and some apple juice. After 3 uncomfortable hours on a cold ER bed, they told me that I was released. They diagnosed me with something, but apparently couldn't do anything about the stomach pains. They told me I should take some Tums or something lame like that. I tried taking Immodium the next day, and it did absolutely nothing for my stomach pains. Maybe I'll have to go out and get some Tums next. Although, I really don't see what it can do because it's not like it's acid reflux or something like that.
I had pains similar to this when I was on birth control. I think the pain level was only at a 3-4, but I really am convinced that my stomach is not happy with the higher amounts of hormones that are being pumped through it. Maybe all those months on Acutane made it so my body has a hard time adjusting to fluctuating hormone levels. I don't know. All I know it, I feel crappy and I'm tired of feeling like this. I think I'm even more tired of the fact that I don't know what to do to make it any better, either.
So now I'm basically bed ridden and it sucks. I'm so bored and poor Sean is trying to pay all the bills on his own. He's looking for a night job, just so we can make ends meet. So, while I'm feeling so crappy, I'm still trying to take care of myself as best I can because when Sean comes home from work, he tries to pick up the apartment, clean up my puke bowls, and make himself something to eat.
Oh, have I mentioned that fact that I have lost over 10 pounds from this whole thing? It can't be good from the baby. The doctor says it's okay, but I don't know, I haven't eaten and kept anything down in over a week. That's our exciting week we've been having.

2 comments:

Nickell said...

Hey so I know exactly how you feel! It's great isn't it! Well hopefully you get better in the 2nd trimester. I started feeling better at about 14-15 weeks. So cross your fingers!!

Bowman's Beach said...

it would be so much easier keeping in touch if you would update your blog!!! insted of me calling you after nine when im still awake, which doesn't happen often!