Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I spend a lot of time at home, alone

Exciting news, in the past week, I haven't lost any weight. I maintained the same weight. Although I'm still not keep a lot of food down, I guess I'm keeping enough down to make up for what's coming up. :)
Nothing else too exciting going on here. Our insurance is trying to convince us that being pregnate is a cronic condition (like diabetes or a heart murmer), so they are trying to kick us off of our insurance plan. Unfortunately, they're trying to make sure that we're the ones stuck with the ER bills (because, apparently, I have this "cronic condition" that I didn't tell them about. Weirdos). But we're fighting it.
Sean's still working at Togo's and comes home every day hating it more and more. I feel so bad, especially that I'm not able to work and help bring in some kind of income. But, I'm not even strong enough to stand up in the shower. Sean has to wash my hair (which is proving to be interesting) and help me in and out of the tub. Poor guy.
My little sister, Ashley, and my friend, Anna, both find out on Monday what gender their babies are going to be. It's weird, I'm 6 1/2 weeks behind Ashley and 5 weeks behind Anna. So, while I'm at 13 weeks and my baby is the size of an overgrown lima bean, theirs are as big as bananas. It's weird to see how much a baby can grow in a month and a half.
Have you ever looked and your movies and realized that you've watch them all at least 3 times...in the past month? That's what I'm going through right now. Normally, I'd be super excited about all this free time to study the scriptures and stuff like that, but I find that since I'm home alone all the time that my mind tends to wander-like, a lot. Poor Sean, once he comes home, I talk his ear off about that most random things (which isn't good because talking too much makes me puke-one of those weird things). So, when I'm trying to read books, my mind wanders and I forget what I'm reading. This is especially bad when you're reading church-related material. So I've kinda given up on reading anything of substance. I play a lot of sudoku though. But, again, my mind wanders and I can't finish a game. Though I do believe I've started at least 15 of them.
Well, again, my mind has wandered so I'm gonna end this post before I start telling you of my plans for being able to make your bed while still lying in it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I congratulate you on the sustained weight. I've kept you in my prayers. And the good news is you'll likely get progressively better, so Sean may be able to have a good conversation with you, without you fantically dashing to the toilet at the end of it :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and P.S. in case you haven't started reading any of the books in the Twilight series, you may want to check those out. I've heard they are really captivating..... just a suggestion.

esther said...

I'm glad things are getting better. Even if progression is slow at least its going up not down. The Twilight books are good. I've got a few other sugestions when you can if you want. One is Wildwood dancing I forget the author.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! I am so glad I found your blog. Congrats on the pregnancy! I am excited for you two. Keep us posted. Hope things are good. Love Jessie

TheBurtons said...

Amy! Jess sent me your link- now I can spy on you.=) I am keeping you in my prayers sweetie. I hope you get to feeling a little more normal at least! Lets keep in touch more.

Love you!

Connie