Friday, March 14, 2008

6 month anniversary

Sean and I have been married 6 months today. It's still weird to think that, for almost 4 of those months, I've been pregnate. For 2 1/2 months, I've been on bedrest. And, before our one year anniversary, we'll have a baby. :)
I've been able to keep more food down lately. The last time I threw up was on Monday. This is really exciting for me. I'm a little worried about my weight, I thought I was maintaining. But, it turns out I'm slowly still losing weight. It's only 1-2 lbs a week, but because I'm eating and keeping more food down, I thought I'd finally be gaining. Also, I'm starting to get a little tummy (from the baby), which normally adds some weight-doesn't it?
Finished the book Pride and Prejudice yesterday. I hadn't read it since before my mission. I'd forgotten how funny it was-considering the time period it was written in. I like when I'm happily surprised at books. I'm also happy that I've been able to read since I ran out of movies to watch. I've watched hundreds of movies in the past 2 months and I'm really feeling brain-dead. So reading a classic novel helped me feel more mentally sound.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's only been six months? That's crazy! It seems to me like you've been married for at least a year. Well congrats to you both! And good job on the P&P. I finished that one a few weeks ago and now I'm on to Emma.

Have you seen the movie "Becoming Jane"? You might like it.... check it out!

Amy said...

Side note: About a half hour after posted, I threw up. So much for going a week without being too sick.

Watson Family said...

Hey... I don't know if you remember us; I was the one who worked for the Gillhouse's before you did. (I left because I was pregnant) Well I just read your entire blog. Don't ask me why, I was bored or something. I just wanted to let you know that I didn't have bad morning sickness, but I did have pre-term contractions starting at 5 months and had to be put on bed rest. I know it suck (almost the worst thing in the world) Anyway I just want to let you know that my baby is now 6 months old and every bit of sickness, pain, grossness, etc. that I went through is so worth it. Being a Mom and holding the little blob that was inside you is a feeling like none other in the world. Keep your chin up! Things will get better, even if it seems like a long ways away.

Sarah said...

your spelling pregnant wrong.... just FYI

TheBurtons said...

Ya know- I have started to get a belly too, but not gained any weight. Wierd. I thought the same thing you were thinking. Maybe the barfing evens in out =P