Sunday, May 18, 2008

3 column blogs are the coolest

So I blog surf, I check out other people's blogs and see how much cooler their sites are compared to mine. After looking at Nickell's (who just had a baby on Monday-Congratulations!), I realize that I'm not cool enough because I don't have a 3 column blog! So, I get on the ball and ask my friend Rachel how to add this cool feature to my otherwise insignificant and totally void of imagination blog. She sends me links to teach me how to work the html codes and where I can download neat templates to make my background a little more exciting. I go to the sites and that's when I get struck with major "pregnancy brain." I just can't understand a word I'm reading. One of the first steps is to change the something from 660 to 880. So I go through the code and anytime I see the numbers 660, I change it to 880. So I made my blog wider, apparently, by doing that. How that's supposed to magically become 3 columns is beyond me. I'm looking all over blogger for the magical button that will let me change my right side links and info into a two-sided frame around my post. There is no magic button.
Now, I have officially turned my post apperance to my web-mistress, Rachel, the Magic Maker. So if any blog surfers come to my site, they can look on with awe and wonder how I got to be so cool to have a 3 column blog. (Next thing on my list is to figure out how Nickell got that amazing header!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your new layout! I took a look at Nickell's blog and I have NO CLUE how to do those types of headings. I see so many of them! I think you need to have some sort of photoshop program or something.

And to answer your question about creating a "how we met" sidebar, it's really simple. Just do the layout/ add a page element thing. I did it by uploading one photo at a time and then using the "caption" portion to describe that part of our lives. I hope that made sense.

Anyway, I LOVE messing around with blogs. It's sort of a hobby of mine. So feel free to have me change it up whenever you're in the mood for something new!

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Look at me. I am in awe.