Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Last week of second trimester

While I sit here with the Summer Olympics going on inside of me (I think she's swimming laps right now), I think of something I miss since the beginning of my pregnancy. No, it's not my feet (even though I can't see them now when I stand up). It's my bladder. I swear, every 10 minutes, I'm waddling to the toilet. My bladder has become the size of a thimble. We went to Sit 'n' Sleep the other day (we're going to buy a new mattress with our stimulus check) and the lady was trying to talk us into making sure to buy a waterproof mattress cover because "you need one with your condition." At first, I thought she meant in case my water broke at night or something. After we left, Sean turns to me and says, "You know she was implying that you wet the bed, don't you?" I was shocked and slightly offended. I don't think we're going to buy our mattress at Sit 'n' Sleep (it's crazy expensive there anyway).
I was writing in my journal last night about all the things I've learned about my pregnancy since I first found out I was pregnant. It was interesting to note that I'm now the same weight I was when I was 7 weeks along. Only 10 more pounds to gain until I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. My doctor is happy that I'm gaining weight, even if I am anemic and still dehydrated.
I've got a question, what do you get the father of your child for Father's day when your child isn't even born yet? Oh yeah, you also have to add into the equation that you have next to no money to spend on him, or else you'd get him that new Japanese Katana he's been eyeing online. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. :)
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom...again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I think Sean was either teasing you, or he' just plain wrong. Just because you're pregnant that doesn't mean people automatically assume you wet the bed.

Secondly, I think a cute Father's Day present would be something to symbolize the fun activities that Sean will be able to do as a dad. For example some cheap little bath toys along with a "bathtime-themed" card about what a good bath giver daddy will be. Or maybe a bib that says "Daddy's baby girl" (or something similar.... you can find those anywhere). It's pretty easy to get creative because there are so many fun things that daddies get to do with their babies! :)