This year, there was 6 of us girls from the Saugus 2nd Ward all pregnant at the same time. Six future-mothers having their first children. Nickell was first, followed by Brittany Romney, then Ashley, then Anna, and now Amanda Summerhays had her baby girl on Friday. That leaves just me as last pregnant one. And I am so ready to be done being pregnant. But, I've got another 5 weeks until my due date. So I keep on, waiting for my turn.
I went and met Anna and Mike's little baby Jeremy on Saturday. He was a tiny little guy-6 lbs 6oz and 18" long. Trying to hold a baby when you're 8 months pregnant proved to be interesting. Cali kept kicking him if he was resting on my stomach. I tried to hold him above my stomach, but my arms fell asleep. It was awkward.
Sean got off early yesterday (only a 10-hour-shift) so we got to go see The Dark Knight! :) This was the first time we've gone to the movies since we've been married. (Kinda shows how tight money has been, in retrospect). What better movie than Batman? :) Sean and I both loved it and can't wait until it comes on DVD around Christmas.
We finally got our crib. It's a baby blue one from Pottery Barn that my aunt gave to us (she had 3 boys and gave up hope for a girl) and Ashley's in-laws drove it down from Utah for us. It was very nice of them. Now I've just got to make the bedding for it and Cali will have a bed. :) It's a little odd, having it in the front room. But, when you live in a one bedroom apartment, you have to make due with what you have. Once the bedding is made, I'll post a picture of "Cali's corner" online.
4 comments:
I've thought about the whole being pregnant and holding another child thing. Like how am I supposed to pick my rock of a son up when I'm 8 months pregnant with baby number two?
Enjoy the movies now while your baby stays quiet. Boyd and I haven't gone to a movie since Nathan was born (well before that actually....). I've gone by myself, but we've never gone to a movie as a family because I can't imagine how Nathan could possibly behave himself for two straight hours.
Amy, when I had Sy, my first, we lived in a one bedroom condo. His crib had wheels so he slept in the living room at night and napped in our bedroom during the day.
Lilly slept in our kitchen in NY while we were selling our things to move back to the west coast. We didn't want people to walk through our whole apt so because her room had a door to the outside hallway she was banished to the kitchen and her room was a packing and selling room for two months. Then to top it off in order to get her crib to AZ our friends took it and Lilly had to sleep on the floor for a week. Don't worry she was comfortable there just wasn't room for her in our double bed and Chris was getting up early for work at the Hospital and need a full nights sleep (lilly was still getting up at night) so we arn't bad parents.
Oh yeah, and Lilly did the same thing when I was 8 months and held a new baby. She kick where it touched my tummy.
Post a Comment