November 2008
Lately I've found myself struggling to find the positives in life. Money's still as tight as ever, Cali's still not crawling into bed and falling asleep on her own, my glasses broke, I need to get a tooth removed because we can't afford to get it fixed, and I am 55 lbs overweight. Why is life so hard for me???
Then, I think about how it was last year: Cali would sleep all the time because she wasn't eating efficently. She was so hungry you could hear her tummy growl when she was only a week old. Money was even tighter and bills were threating to go unpaid. We had to avoid the phone calls from bill collectors. The only food we had was given to us from my parents to make sure we didn't starve.
So I'm going to stop complaining. If I can't say anything nice, then I'm not going to say anything at all. I'm going to work harder at losing weight, I only need to lose 20 lbs because I need the extra 35 (in case I get sick again) for the next pregnancy. Cali is sleeping so much better than she was 2 weeks ago-she doesn't wake up after being asleep for 2 hours anymore. Now she's going to bed between 8-9 and wakes up at 8. She takes her two naps and is much more pleasant to be around. She's even working on getting her second molar! The dentist said that he has a payment plan with no interest for 12 months, so we should be able to pay for my tooth removal within that time period. We can even buy some little Christmas presents this year.
I have a wonderful family who loves me and I enjoy spending time with. I have food to eat and a place to live. I have so much more than others. Why am I complaining?

3 comments:
I totally understand.... sometimes us gals just need to vent so we can move on and feel better! hehe...
Ames, just remember....no matter how hard it gets, there is someone out there that is having a harder time than you. That helps me get through when times are hard. And remember that someone in Utah loves you! :)
It makes me sad that you have to pull your tooth. There's no way to save it?
Call me sometime soon & I'll tell you all about my new apartment I'm moving to in January.
It is much easier to see the things we don't have then to see life's simple blessing. That is just the way Satan works I guess. You can call me any time you need to talk. Hang in there.
Post a Comment