Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 4/30

Today is: A picture of your favorite night
I actually don't have a picture from that night, but I will tell you about it: My first date

It was sometime in December 2000. I went on a double date with Kevin O'Day, Chris Ortman, and Leslie Hamil. Chris and Kevin picked me up in Chris' car. After we got Leslie, the boys took us to Mountasia to the batting cages. I'd never done it before, so of course Kevin insisted that I go first. I miss the first ball, so Kevin yelled for me to "choke up," which I did. The next ball came flying at me, I swung, and made contact with the ball. Unfortunately, it was my thumb that made most of the contact. Tears starting to fill my eyes, I excuse myself and go to the bathroom. Leslie followed to make sure I was alright. After a quick cry, I was ready to continue the date.
The boys got me a cup of ice to stick my thumb in. They offered to take me home, but there was no way I wanted my first date to end up like that.
Then we went to eat at Fatburger and afterwards we played Lazertag. I was terrible shot left handed, but I had a lot of fun.
Wish I had gotten a picture from that night. Turned out to only be a hairline fracture, when I got x-rays at the ER the next day. But, that was my favorite night.

No comments: