I took a picture but I can't find my cord and I'm really not feeling like looking around for it too much right now. Maybe I'll put on later.
So far, this pregnancy has been so different from when I was pregnant with Cali. I'm not throwing up as often, although I am constantly nauseous. I've been able to keep some fluids down this past week, which is amazing since I was in the ER by 8 weeks last time to get an IV in me. I'm no where near the recommended amount of daily fluid, but a cup a day is a lot for me.
What's harder this time is poor Cali. She gets so bored being home. Some ladies in the ward have agreed to come pick her up and have her play at their house for a few hours during the week, but she screams and crys when she gets home. I think it's because she knows that she's going to be stuck entertaining herself when she's at home. If I sit for too long, if I move too much, if I talk to much, if the light's too bright, if the temperature isn't just right---so many things set me off. I feel awful because there really isn't much that I'm able to do about it right now. She plays a lot of computer games and watches a lot of shoes online. But she keeps waking up at the butt crack of dawn screaming her head off for me and won't calm back down or fall back asleep. Let me tell you, 5 AM with a screaming toddler while you're on bedrest is not easy! Poor Sean is running on no energy. He works, then he comes home to take care of me and Cali until he passes out on the couch, then Cali starts screaming and he starts over again. He's a real trooper and I don't know how he stays so patient with us.
Both Sean and I have been feeling like this is going to be my last pregnancy. It's so weird to think about, but I'm feeling more confident with the idea that Cali will only have to be completely neglected for a little while longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment