My dad doesn't like it when I post about them being here until after they get home. So, now I can post about Halloween.
Cali told me she wanted to be a scary witch for Halloween. I showed her pictures of the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz. She liked the way that witch looked, so I thought it would be cute if Rose was her flying monkey. Since we had a monkey costume from when we had Cali be a pirate monkey.
Since the new Oz movie had come out, I went and checked the Disney store to see if they had any wicked witch costumes. They had one. It was $50 and looked like this:
Needless to say, I was no impressed. So I went searching for a sewing pattern.
I looked at a lot of pictures and came up with this for Rose. It's not perfect, but I did make it without a pattern.
Cali wanted her face painted green and a fake nose. She didn't like the nose and washed the green paint off once these pictures were taken.
Rose was being quite a pill since the wedding, so I wasn't surprised that she kept running off while my Dad took pictures.
I got these socks from my friend Emily and I thought they would be perfect for the costume. It was funny because they went up to her thighs and kept her warm.
Cali wanted a new bucket, so I got her a green one and Rose a blue one.
We found some angel wings that were supposed to be for pets that we sprayed with fabric paint for Rose's costume.
We bought the hat and the broom for Cali's costume. I pretty much just had to make the dress and the cape.
The monkey costume was starting to get a little small for Rose, but since she was only wearing it for one night, I figured it wasn't a big deal.
As per tradition, we went trick or treating around Saugus where my parents used to live. It was fun to see people from our old ward.
This house had a spider that popped out and scared the crap out of us.
Rose wouldn't get out of the stroller for the first hour or so of trick or treating.
Another cool looking house.
Finally, Rose got the hang of trick or treating and wanted to hold her pumpkin and ask people for candy. (We also sprayed fabric paint on those gloves and glued nails on them. Cali loved them)
Rose started chasing after Cali chanting, "Candy, candy, candy!"
When Rose started sitting down after getting candy, we knew she was done and it was time to go home.
It wasn't until later that I was looking at pictures of Cali in the monkey costume that I noticed how similar the girls look. Seriously, once you cover them up and look just at their faces, they look a lot alike. It's kinda crazy.
Cali was 11 months old and Rose is 19 months old. That costume was a good investment. :)


2 comments:
Yeah we wear costumes two years in a row here. Can't beat the chance to save money. Great Halloween costumes! You did a good job sewing them.
You did such an amazing job with their costumes! I'm seriously impressed! They both looked awesome, and it looks like they had a fun time too! (well, maybe not Rose by the end of it LOL)
Post a Comment