Monday, June 29, 2015

Paula Deen's Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie

Paula Deen's Pumpkin Pie
(Like a pumpkin cheesecake, best thing to make for Thanksgiving)

Preheat oven to 350*

1 (8 oz) cream cheese block, softened
2 c canned pumpkin (small can)
1 c sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg + 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 c half and half
1/4 c (1/2 stick) melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger (I don't add)
2 premade pie dough crusts (because I always find a way to mess that up somehow)

Warm pie crusts in oven according the instructions (sometimes I use the frozen ones so I don't have to worry about bringing home my pie pan)
Beat cream cheese with hand mixer. Add pumpking, then add sugar and salt. Add eggs mixed with yolk, half and half, and melted butter. Beat until combined, then add vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger.

Pour filling into warm pie crusts and bake for 50 minutes. Cool to room temperature before serving with whipped cream.

No comments: